Chicken Pesto Bake Recipe
I love food, I am not a foodie per say, but some food dishes are just plain AWESOME. Today we are talking Chicken, Pesto, Cheese and Tomatoes. A great dish after a long day of cycling.
CHICKEN PESTO BAKE RECIPE
- Garlic (1 clove garlic)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese (1/4 cup)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (6 tbsp (1.5 oz))
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Olive Oil (2 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 Tomatoes (Thinly Sliced)
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts (Roughly 16 oz)
- Bake Pan
- Tin Foil
- Sharp Knife
- Food Processor like a Kitchen Aid
- Cutting Board
BASIL PESTO SAUCE RECIPE
- In a food processor combine Basil, Garlic, Parmesan cheese, Salt and Pepper until smooth.
- Add Olive oil and pulse processor to mix.
Note: Mixture can be stored in the refrigerator while the chicken is cooking.
COOKED CHICKEN RECIPE
- Slice 2 boneless chicken breast horizontally creating 4 sliced cutlets.
- Season chicken breast lightly with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Place chicken breasts on a tin foil sheet in the bake pan.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of pesto over each chicken cutlet.
- Bake for 15 minutes (More or less depending on your oven)
- Remove chicken from oven
- Add tomato slices, mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes to melt cheese
Chicken Pesto Bake is layered with all the things that makes me happy that summer is coming! 💛 4 Smart Points • 236 calorieshttp://www.skinnytaste.com/skinny-chicken-pesto-bake/
Posted by Skinnytaste on Wednesday, July 26, 2017